Press Release: Maryland State Retirement and Pension System - Call for Nominations for Public Member, Investment Committee
Submissions due March 21, 2011.
For Immediate Release
BALTIMORE, MD (February 25, 2011)
The Board of Trustees of the Maryland State Retirement and Pension System is accepting nominations for one person to serve as an unpaid public member of the retirement system's Investment Committee for a three-year term beginning July 1, 2011. Nominations must be received by close of business Monday, March 21, 2011.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- cannot be a member, retiree, or beneficiary of the system;
- may not hold an ownership interest greater than 5% in, nor be an employee, director, partner or officer of, any investment manager for the system or a fund sponsor of a fund in which the system is invested;
- have had experience in the management and control of large investments; and
- have at least 10 years of substantial experience as any one or a combination of the following:
- A portfolio manager acting in a fiduciary capacity;
- An employee or principal of a trust institution, investment organization, or endowment fund acting either in a management-related or an investment-related capacity;
- A chartered financial analyst in good standing; or
- A professional engaged in a public or private financial or investment field that is comparable to the fields listed in this item.
The Investment Committee reviews all investment programs to ensure compliance with policies of the Board of Trustees and advises the board on all matters pertaining to investment programs. A thorough listing of the Duties and Responsibilities of the committee can be found on page 13 of the system’s Governance Charters at sra.maryland.gov/Agency/Board/Downloads/BoT_Charters.pdf.
Nominations may be submitted via email to Dean Kenderdine, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via postal mail at or via postal mail to 120 East Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21202.
Michael D. Golden