Maryland State Retirement and Pension System Seeks Nominees to Serve as a Public Member of the Investment Committee
January 5, 2023
The Board of Trustees of the Maryland State Retirement and Pension System is seeking nominations for a public member to serve as an unpaid advisor to the retirement system’s Investment Committee for a three-year term beginning July 1, 2023. The term of the incumbent public member is due to expire on June 30, 2023. The committee meets four times each year on the third Tuesdays of February, May, September, and November, typically in the System’s offices in Baltimore.
State law requires that three non-board members who have the following investment experience and other qualifications serve as advisors to the Retirement System’s Investment Committee:
- nominee is not a member, retiree, or beneficiary under any of the several State retirements systems;
- nominee has had experience in the management and control of large investments; and
- nominee has at least 10 years of substantial experience as any one or a combination of the following:
- A portfolio manager acting in a fiduciary capacity;
- An employee or principal of a trust institution, investment organization, or endowment fund acting either in a management-related or an investment-related capacity;
- A chartered financial analyst in good standing; or
- A professional engaged in a public or private financial or investment field that is comparable to the fields listed in this item.
Nominations should be submitted in writing to the attention of Martin Noven, Executive Director, Maryland State Retirement Agency, 120 East Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21202 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 3, 2023.