Through the efforts of the DEI Committee and other stakeholders, the System is committed to DEI initiatives and processes to help drive the best outcomes for our beneficiaries.
The Investment Division’s mission is to foster environments within the Investment Division and our partners that attract and retain the best talent; value diversity, equity and inclusion; and encourage innovation to maximize operational and financial performance.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
The Investment Division’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee includes senior leaders of the Investment Division across the various asset classes, as well as members of the operations and accounting units.
The committee’s objective is to identify and adopt industry best practices relating to DEI, and to manage the implementation of those principles throughout the investment process.
The committee’s goal is to enhance the recruitment and hiring process, employee training, professional development and employee satisfaction.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee Successes
- Implemented a diversity training program for Maryland State Retirement Agency employees
- Enhanced the recruiting and hiring process to incorporate best practices for promoting DEI in the workplace
- Established the practice to have a DEI Committee member participate in every hiring process
- Established an outreach program with local universities to facilitate recruitment of interns and associates
- Developed an associates program to provide training for junior staff in the Investment Division
- Established a relationship with United Negro College Fund to expand its Lighted Pathways internship program to Maryland
- Led the procurement for the services of Lenox Park